Doing Business in the U.A.E.
On 12 February 2020, the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Census Bureau, Foreign Trade Division released its annual U.S. trade statistics for 2019.
The U.S. continues to enjoy a large trade surplus with the United Arab Emirates. The value of U.S. exports to the U.A.E. in 2019, which reached $20.03 billion, continued to exceed outgoing American products to other key regional trade partners last year, including: Israel ($14.37 billion), The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ($14.28 billion), Turkey ($10.04 billion), and Egypt ($5.48 billion).
· The U.S. and the U.A.E. conducted $24.4 billion in total trade in 2019 compared to $24.55 billion in 2018
· Total U.S. exports to the U.A.E. were $20.03 billion in 2019 – an increase of 2.67% from $19.51 billion in 2018
· Total U.A.E. exports to the U.S. reached $4.35 billion in 2019 compared to $5.00 billion in 2018
· Monthly U.S. exports to the U.A.E. in 2019 peaked in September at $1.94 billion
· Monthly U.A.E. exports to the U.S. in 2019 peaked in June at $511.6 million